We've got everything from the iTero, which is a digital scanner. It's for those people that gag or have a gag reflex. We can eliminate that. It's not this gooey stuff that you have to put in your mouth. The benefit of that, though, is yes, you don't gag, but you get a perfect replica of your mouth, no distortion. The crowns that come back, any of the dentistry that we produce off of that scan is going to be superior to taking an impression. That's a big part.
The oral DNA, we've got the VELscope. The VELscope allows us to do a cancer screening at the cellular level. What that means is, before it ever shows up in the mouth, you're not going to see it. By the time it shows up in the mouth, that's typically a stage three or four cancer in your mouth, where with the VELscope, we're going to see that at ... if we find it, it's going to be stage one, or maybe two. That's a huge benefit, the survival rate, all of that associated with oral cancer.
Obviously, we know, too, we can do a screening with the oral DNA to check saliva to find out if you're a carrier for HPV, the human papillomavirus, which is one of the leading causes for oral cancer now. We're able to do that test, as well.
We've got the laser. We've got a CO2 laser. It allows us to treat everything from aphthous ulcers to periodontal ... sterilize a periodontal pocket to make sure that it's totally sterile. We get superior healing that way.
Gosh, we do everything, sleep apnea. We can use the scans for that, but we treat that with mouth appliances. We have a lot of different digital x-rays that will lower the radiation, exposure to radiation, with the digital. We have a hand-held digital machine, so you don't have this thing swinging around your head and trying to move one way. Literally, it's like Star Wars. It's really cool.
Yeah, we've got a lot of technology. All of that, before we purchase it, we have to know that it's going to benefit the patient.
We serve League City, as well as Houston, Seabrook, TX, Kemah, TX, and Clear Lake Shores, TX with dental services including:
With his holistic approach to health, Dr. J. Derek Tieken also offers treatment for TMJ disorders and sleep apnea.
Dr. Tieken has been practicing dentistry for 27 years. During that time, he’s earned accolades such as being named a top dentist in Bay Area Houston Magazine’s annual Best of the Bay awards for 16 years running.
His trustworthy team has more than 100 years of collective dental experience! More important, they are committed to offering VIP treatment to every member of your family.
Your Comfort Is Our Priority
We make you as comfortable as possible in our spacious League City, TX dentist office. Among the amenities we offer to make you feel like a VIP:
- Massage chairs
- A headset that relaxes you with noise-dampening headphones and a light-blocking eye mask
- An anesthesia reversal agent that makes post-anesthesia numbness vanish fast
- Oral sedation options to ensure you won’t experience any dental anxiety
Advanced Dental Technology
We use the latest dental technology so we can offer the best quality care, including:
- A high-powered microscope to ensure we miss no issues during your dental exams, and to aid in accurate diagnosis
- OralDNA testing that helps us determine if you are prone to gum disease and identify it in its early stages for the most successful treatment
- Intraoral scanner that lets us take digital impressions of your teeth so you don’t have to bite down on a tray of messy modeling compound
- VELscope, a handheld device that helps us find oral cancer in its earliest stages
- High-tech lasers that Dr. Tieken uses to reshape gum tissue and even contour teeth