From my training in the past, with the cosmetics, in the past, you know a veneer would be a prep veneer. A tooth that you'd end up cutting it down and putting the, for a better term, fake fingernail over the face of the tooth to give it a different shape or color or both. Now with technology, we're able to make them thinner. We're able to pre-design the case and so I'm ... The best thing is very minimal. Sometimes no anesthetic. Totally different way of doing it now. They bond better. They're thinner. Patient less sensitivity afterwards. So that's, if we're looking at the veneer option, because if we've done the whitening and we haven't achieved the shape or the color, really the color and the shade of the teeth, then we ramp it up to the next level.
There's a lot of cases that we treat with clear aligners and Invisalign Clear Correct where a patient just doesn't like the way their teeth are crowded, or overlapping or whatever, and so we can straighten them, and with our, one of the really cool things in our office, if you do Clear Correct or Invisalign with us, you're going to get the whitening with it, you're going to get the contouring with it, you're going to get your retainers with it in the end. So it's kind of a package deal. Because we want to see you reach the highest level, whatever that cosmetic level is that you want to achieve. So whitening, Invisalign Clear Aligners, whatever that may be. And then everything that we use is all tooth-colored. There's no gold or there's no metal margins, you see patients that smile and they've got a crown on their front tooth. You see this big black line. Never happens with all porcelain stuff. But metal crowns, some offices still do metal under their crowns. And if the gum recedes you're going to see that black line. So those are kind of the biggest options that are available.
Even if you’re not trying to win a pageant, a beautiful smile will give you more confidence on your next job interview, first date, or other important occasion!
Our Cosmetic Dentistry Services
Tieken Smiles Dentistry offers multiple ways to improve your smile, including:
- Dental veneers. We can cover a variety of dental cosmetic imperfections with dental veneers.
- Teeth whitening. We can brighten your smile with in-office treatments, or you can choose teeth whitening treatments you can do yourself at home.
- Short-term orthodontics. We offer several dental options to straighten your smile, including Invisalign or short-term orthodontics.
- Teeth contouring and crown lengthening. Dr. Tieken can use a high-tech laser to reshape your teeth or remove excess gum tissue to expose more of your tooth surface.
- Gum reshaping. He can also use a laser to reshape your gumline, giving you gums as gorgeous as your teeth.
- Tooth bonding. Dr. Tieken can sculpt a resin material right onto your teeth to correct minor flaws. This usually takes one quick visit to our office.
- Snap-On Smile. You can get a new smile without any dental procedures with this custom-made prosthetic that fits snugly over your teeth.
Total Smile Makeover
We can also combine any of our cosmetic dentistry services to completely transform your smile! With his years of expertise, League City, TX cosmetic dentist Dr. Tieken can create a makeover plan for you designed to yield the best results for the most reasonable cost. Smile makeover consultations with Dr. Tieken are complimentary.
He can even create wax models for you to see beforehand to ensure you get the look you want!