Revolution is probably too strong a word, but lots of changes have occurred with dentures over the last decade or two. So you have more choices for dentures options than ever before!
Our dentures are more natural looking and comfortable, thanks to new types of dentures that can be secured atop dental implants.
Call Tieken Smiles Dentistry at 281-942-6615 to hear more about your dentures options. Award-winning dentist Dr. J. Derek Tieken will meet with you for a complimentary consultation in our League City, TX dentist office.
Dentures Choices at Tieken Smiles Dentistry
Your choices for denture at Tieken Smiles Dentistry include:
- Traditional full denture. These are what most people think of when they picture denture. You can get them for your upper jaw, your lower jaw, or both. You use an adhesive to help keep them in place.
- Partial denture. These dentures options can be used to replace just a few missing teeth. They attach to adjacent teeth. In addition to improving the appearance of your smile, they keep your teeth from shifting, which can cause dental problems.
- Dental implant denture. Denture look, feel, and function like your natural teeth when attached to dental implants. You won’t need messy adhesive to keep them in place. And they offer up to 90 percent of your natural bite power, so you can eat whatever you want.
Types of Dental Implant Dentures
We offer two types of dental implant dentures options:
- Implant-retained denture. These denture securely snap onto your dental implants. You can remove them for cleaning or other maintenance.
- Implant-supported denture. These denture are anchored to your implants with a sturdy metal bar. We can make an implant-supported denture for your upper jaw with no palate. This leaves the roof of your mouth exposed, which enables you to more easily enjoy the taste of your food!