Really, general dentistry is from doing fillings, and we're a firm believer of all the new resin material instead of giving the patient the opportunity to get rid of the old amalgams and mercury fillings that are in their mouth. We feel like that's a big health, pretty big health issue to have that mercury in the mouth. So fillings, obviously going through hygiene, getting gums and healthy and all that, crown and bridge which is, whether you're missing a tooth or whether you're having a bridge down, whether you're having an implant done, to me that's all, my realm with general dentistry may be a little bit more expanded in the fact that a lot of our general dentistry is really cosmetic because I'm thinking from the mind of a cosmetic dentist even though I'm doing general dentistry. It matters to me that I'm not just doing a crown, this crown's gonna look like a real tooth. It's gonna match the shade of the teeth around it. I'm not gonna just, because it's in the back. I'm kind of very perfection-driven so even if it's in the back, it needs to match. It's not, Well, it's back there, nobody's ever gonna see that. It's important to me, whether it's fillings or crowns or bridges or whatever, but under general dentistry in my office, it's, that's kind of, it can be a night guard, it can be an appliance, it can be Invisalign or ClearCorrect, all of those things for my parameters is general dentistry. We have a lot in our arsenal to be able to treat patients.
Whether it’s cleaning your teeth or measuring you for a custom mouthguard, award-winning League City, TX dentist Dr. J. Derek Tieken and our capable dental team will take excellent care of your family with VIP treatment! You’ll even create a “trust transfer” with us before we begin working on you. To visit our League City, TX dentist office for dental exams, dental cleanings, and other general dentistry services, call 281-942-6615.
General Dentistry Services at Tieken Smiles Dentistry
General dentistry services at Tieken Smiles Dentistry include:
- Dental Exams and Dental Cleanings. Our thorough exams include screenings for periodontal (gum) disease and oral cancer. We use a surgical microscope when examining you and cleaning your teeth, so we won’t miss a thing!
- Gum Disease Treatment. You can’t have a healthy mouth without healthy gums! We check for signs of gum disease during every exam. If we do find gum disease, we take care of it with a deep cleaning treatment.
- Dry Mouth Treatment. We can relieve your dry mouth discomfort with a line of products from respected brand PerioSciences.
- Athletic Mouthguards. We’ll fit your athlete for a custom-made mouthguard that will keep their smile safe during sports.
Experience VIP Treatment
You and your family will always feel like VIPs in our League City, TX dentist office. Among the amenities we offer:
- Beverage bar in our waiting room
- Comfortable massage chairs
- Private consultation room
- Headsets that soothe you by muffling noise and blocking light
- An anesthesia reversal agent that gets rid of numbness after your dental procedure
- Oral sedation options to completely relax you
To find out more about the connection between dental health and overall health, call 281-942-6615. Or use our convenient online form to book your general dentistry League City, TX area appointment today.