To me, when you say restorative or when I think restorative dentistry, I think like a restoration. Even when we submit to insurance companies, it's not a filling, this tooth needs to be fully restored. If it's fully restored, typically it's going to be something, porcelain, whether it's a crown or whether it's an onlay where we're able to conserve more of the tooth, but it's still going to be porcelain. Porcelains going to restore that tooth to its full function and shape and everything. It's not going to wear and ditch out. A lot of that fillings, if you put a big filling in, too big of a filling, it'll wear out before its time. When that's where you go to something that's more restorative where I want to get full function back into that tooth. I'm going to restore half of that tooth that's already missing, I'm going to need something that's going to be more durable. Or where you're missing a tooth and we're going to restore the full bite. It could be a bridge, it could be an implant with a crown over the top of it. We want to restore that mouth or that tooth back to where it was before whatever happened to it happened.
Is your self-confidence suffering because of missing or damaged teeth? Do you rarely smile? Get both your smile and your self-confidence back with restorative dentistry services from award-winning dentist Dr. J. Derek Tieken and our talented team!
You can meet with Dr. Derek Tieken at our League City, TX dentist office for a complimentary consultation to determine the best way to repair your smile. No matter which services you choose, you’ll enjoy VIP treatment!
Call Tieken Smiles Dentistry at 281-942-6615 to find out more about our restorative dentistry services from Dr. Derek Tieken.
Restorative Dentistry Services at Tieken Smiles Dentistry
Tieken Smiles Dentistry can restore your smile with these services:
- Tooth fillings. We’ll repair cavities and protect your teeth from further decay with a tooth-colored filling.
- Inlays and onlays. If your tooth is too damaged for a filling but not damaged enough for a dental crown, an inlay or onlay will strengthen your tooth and protect it from further damage.
- Dental veneers. We can cover minor chips or cracks and strengthen your teeth with dental veneers, ultra-thin porcelain “shells” that cover the front surface of teeth.
- Dental crowns. We can completely cover a broken or badly cracked tooth with a dental crown.
- Dental bridges. We can use a dental bridge to replace a missing tooth or teeth.
- Dental implants. We can use dental implants to replace anything from a single missing tooth to a whole mouthful of missing teeth.
Expert Restorative Dentist
Restorative dentistry is a passion for Dr. Derek Tieken, He has been honored for his years of service in the Give Back a Smile program, which repairs the smiles of people whose teeth have been damaged during domestic violence or sexual assault. He was named a “Best Dentist” by Bay Area Houston Magazine for 16 years in a row, and he appeared on H-Texas Magazine’s “Top Dentists” list from 2010 to 2016.