So as far as crowns, bridges, obviously if you're missing a tooth, a bridge is a great option. I can tell you in our office, if you have two natural teeth on either side of that tooth that is missing ... We don't typically like to cut those two teeth down to make a bridge.If you have two not-so-healthy on either side of that space, then I'm comfortable, 'cause I know I'm going to restore those other two, because they're maybe not in great shape to begin with. But I have a hard time sacrificing natural tooth structure and then now I'm loading more onto two teeth. We pay particular attention to making sure we're being very conservative. Kind of the same thing, whether you're doing a veneer or whether you're doing a crown, if it's all porcelain, you can do magic with those. If a tooth is really rotated, if a tooth is really broken down, if it's got a lot of silver filling in it, if it's got a big bonded filling that's turning yellow, you put a tooth or crown in there that's all porcelain, it looks like a real tooth. Now you're covering up all this kind of junky looking tooth with something that looks like that tooth did when you were six years old and it first came out of the gum and it's pretty much a virgin tooth again.
Award-winning League City, TX dentist Dr. J. Derek Tieken and our capable dental team can determine if a dental crown is right for you. Call Tieken Smiles Dentistry at 281-942-6615 for a free consultation in our League City, TX dentist office.
Getting a Dental Crown
Dr. Tieken has expertise with multiple dental restorations. So the first step is determining whether a dental crowns is the best fit for your situation. He’ll assess you using the latest dental technology, including digital X-rays. Then:
- He’ll take impressions of your teeth using an intraoral scanner. No more messy goop in your mouth!
- He sends the digital impressions to a high-quality off-site lab, which produces your dental crown.
- He places a temporary crown on your tooth to wear until you receive your new crown.
- When your new crown arrives, he makes sure the fit and appearance are right before securely attaching it to your tooth.
A dental crowns can also replace a single missing tooth if it is attached to a dental implant.
We use metal-free dental crowns for a natural look.
Dental Bridges to Replace Missing Teeth
Dental bridges work in conjunction with dental crowns to replace a missing tooth or teeth. Here’s how it works:
- We attach dental crowns to either natural teeth or dental implants.
- We use them as an anchor to support a dental bridge that contains natural-looking replacement teeth.
- The bridge fills the gap left by your missing tooth or teeth. It’s likely no one will even notice!
Interested in a dental crowns or dental bridges? Call Tieken Smiles Dentistry to schedule an appointment at our League City, TX dentist office. Or use our online form.